Some background about Titanium Wheelchairs
- Many good wheelchairs are still being manufactured from a wide range of other materials such as CM steel, Carbon Fibre and Aluminium. These materials can produce a light and strong chair that can be repaired or re-welded by knowledgeable engineers.
- Titanium is lighter and stronger but carries a significant price premium. It also has the disadvantage that it requires highly skilled welding techniques and real precision engineering. The engineers at Draft Wheelchairs are experts at Titanium welding (being trained in the US by the worlds leading titanium welders)
- At Draft we offer Titanium chairs from manufacturers Invacare, Kuschall and Top End
- In our production facility we also manufacture custom built titanium wheelchairs
- We are therefore able to advise on the best titanium wheelchair to meet your needs
Titanium Wheelchairs Standard Size or Custom built?
- Potentially the best Titanium wheelchairs are custom built to your size.
- A custom built wheelchair can be lighter, and stronger but usually has less adjustment or options for accessories.
- The measuring up process is absolutely critical. At Draft wheelchairs this process is performed by Barry, Steve and xx all wheelchair users (of very many years) We know how important it is to get the measuring absolutely spot on. We prefer to carry carry out the measurement within the showroom and factory where we have an extensive array of wheelchairs on site (which means that you can physically try some of the close to options)
- Where it looks as if a standard chair could be ideal we may lend it to you for a couple of days so that you can see how it performs in your home / work environment
- Dan, xxx and the engineering team are on site to look at the engineering issues .